Thursday, December 31, 2015

Looking back

Over this past week, I found myself going through some old pictures, and I stumbled across some from a really long time ago. At least it feels that way. I can't remember the year exactly, but Sihing Csillag was a purple belt in the Lil Leopards, and there were so me other faces that I recognize.

It's amazing how far we have all come. I was still a Sihing in those pictures, and that feels like a lifetime ago. In reality it's been only 7 or 8 years, but again, it seems like so long ago.

It was a nice trip down memory lane. Seeing all the changes that the Kwoon has gone throughout ugh ( still only had the original space, and those amazing red mats), and of course all of the changes that we have gone through. Due to injuries and a little bit of aging, I cannot train the way I used to. But that's ok, as our paths are always adapting, or veering off in a different direction, and while each of our journeys are our own, ultimately we are not alone.

We have each other to encourage and support, to help us adapt to each change that comes our way. It's been a great year in the I Ho Chuan, and I look forward to what comes next year. I have seen momentous growth in everyone, and I hope that you all keep on the path you are on.

No comments: