Sunday, December 26, 2010

External what?




For a while now, I have been focusing more on my internal Kung Fu, and it’s time to start working on my external. It started with my broken ankle two years ago, and I now have injuries that seem to either accumulate, or they seem to appear as I am healing from another one.

UBBT8 is going to give me the push/ goals that will help to bring my external Kung Fu up to par. My shoulder/ hip harmony seems to depend upon the level of pain I am experiencing in my hip, and my foot/ hand harmony is dependent on the pain level in my foot. Haha, I am a mess. But I know I will get better.

My Tai Chi is coming along, and one of my requirements is to perform it completely 100 times over the next year. A couple of spots also aggravate my hip, but Tai Chi is a little more forgiving as to how I can adjust my body. I can make two smaller pivots, as opposed to one pivot, so that helps.

I need to work on my cane sequences a little more. I have been somewhat restrained with wrist tendonitis, but again, it’s all about adjustments. Say I can do two sets of the sequences instead of a dozen. I have had to make adjustments for my wrists in other areas too. For example, pushups hurt my wrists palms down, so I do knuckle pushups instead.

While I have these goofy little physical annoyances, I know that I will come out stronger over the next year. I am looking forward to starting it off with 1000 pushups and 1000 situps on January 1st.

No comments: