Saturday, February 27, 2010

Something to say...



I have some things to say, but I don’t feel I have the voice to do so right now. I have found myself thinking about where I am at. I find teaching challenging, and rewarding, but it can also be frustrating. I know that sometimes I forget about the strengths I have in front of me, and in doing so I get overwhelmed and lose sight of the big picture.


I have to rethink a few things, re-calibrate so to speak, and to do that, I have to let go of some preconceived expectations, and start at ground zero. This takes some courage on my part, and I have to let go just a little.


I need to use the strengths that the others around me bring. I need to recognize them, celebrate them, and cooperate with them. I have to stop looking for things that aren’t there, I have to let go of things, and embrace the good things that are coming.


There are times where I feel I am running in place, and not making any headway. And when the rut starts to get deeper, it’s time to recognize it and jump out. I think I am jumping out...or maybe I am just recognizing it so that I can have the power to do something about it.


No comments: