Sunday, May 31, 2009

A matter of expression


I rediscovered my passion this past weekend with Master McNeill here. Trying new things, which are similar to techniques I already know was really great. I pushed myself, had a great time, and learned so much.

He has a lot of experience, and I believe I saw how martial arts can truly define a person’s life. It is simply a way of life, and learning is a constant. That part truly excites me - I am truly just beginning.

I learned so much about the cane, and I am starting to understand how a weapon needs to be a part of you. It should feel natural in your hands, and to do that, you need to use it, and experiment with it. Meaning that the more you work with a weapon, the more right it will be.

I am really enjoying the cane right now. I am not sure if it is because I find it similar to using my stick, but it feels good. Better now after the seminars this weekend too. Master NcNeill showed us so many ways to utilize the cane, and I am just excited.

I am really looking forward to a lifetime of learning and growing as a martial artist.

No comments: