Wednesday, April 1, 2020

2 Weeks


It’s been 2 weeks since we closed the doors at the Kwoon. 2 weeks since we have seen each other in person, face to face. 2 weeks into a new “normal”. So how are we doing? I think some of us are fairing better than others, but isn’t that to be expected? This isolation doesn’t bother me too much, as I am an introvert, and I don’t have much desire to get out without a pandemic to stop me.

Anyway, I have had the opportunity to connect with my students, and that means a lot. While streaming services have been cut back, and our video quality isn’t the same as last week, it still gives us a window of opportunity. I have had the chance for a couple of one on one sessions, and they were cool. I hope the students got as much out of them as I did.

On another note, I have encountered an area of my training that has been a struggle from day 1. And it boils down to intent. Not enough Grrr in my Kung Fu. Too much Tai Chi in my Kung Fu. A lack of intensity I guess. So, I have to shift my focus to this and continue on that path...Let’s see where I am in another 2 weeks.

No comments: