Monday, April 20, 2020

You are important


“If you could only sense how important you are to the lives of those you meet; how important you can be to the people you at never even dream of. There is something of yourself that you leave at every meeting with another person.” - Fred Rogers -

I was thinking about the one on ones that I have had with students, and this quote stuck with me. Teaching a class online with a group works, but there a sense of intimacy that is lost. These one on ones give me as an instructor, the opportunity to connect on a individual basis. I have really missed that. But we are lucky, that we have the technology and the privilege to be able to continue on. To work from home, to learn from home.

As a student, I am struggling a bit. My focus is mostly on teaching right now, and so my numbers are suffering. So what do I do? I recognize this, then make a plan to move forward and get things done

No comments: