Sunday, March 22, 2020

Godzilla Rises


Mr. Whitehouse-Strong mentioned something in his blog today and I agree with his comments on videotaping yourself. I have always shied away from that because I hate looking at myself on video. However, having to do it so I could post my beta version on the I Ho Chuan group was eye opening.
First, I noticed that I move way slower than I feel I am. And I realize why - I have been practicing this way for too long. And probably my Tai Chi practice doesn’t help either. So that’s problem #1.
Problem #2 is that my timing is off on a few techniques. Sigh.
So to fix problem #1, I need to explore a few options. Put more snap in the end off all my techniques. And train with more speed and power. This is going to take some time, but that’s ok. And to address problem #2, I just need to focus on the timing; and to do that I need to watch the video some more.

Did you all see Godzilla rise in my butterfly knife form? Grrrrrrrr.

No comments: