Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Gratitude


One of my requirements this year was to keep a gratitude journal. I picked a simple one, that has 5 specific boxes to fill in with a daily quote. I find this journal to be nice and simple for me. I don’t have to sit there and wait for words to come, as I have a small prompt in front of me.
This was a great requirement for myself. I have been able to look at previous entries, and am reminded of the things I am grateful for. Sometimes it is hard to see light, but this helps a lot. Some things I am grateful for - my dog, for waking me up in the morning by licking my arm, for my warm bed to snuggle up in. I am grateful for my husband who supports me and encourages me. I am grateful for our kids, for giving me a reason to get up in the morning. I am grateful for Kung Fu, for being able to train and to share my knowledge, and to learn every single day.
Some days I focus on the little things that get missed in the big picture, and sometimes I focus on the big picture. Regardless of what I write that I am grateful for that day, it serves a moment to be mindful and it grounds me.

No comments: