Monday, May 7, 2018

Sweet Sixteen


Our youngest is 16 years old today. 16. And when I think about it, I realize that I have been training in Kung Fu for 15 of those years. A long time on one hand, but barely any time on the other. I still have so much to learn.

Looking back, I still remember her birthday vividly. Her blue eyes staring at me in the middle of the night, all bright eyed and bushy tailed having slept through all the visits throughout the day. And now here we are. I watched her train in Kung fu for 11 years and watched her attain the her 2nd degree brown belt. She doesn’t train anymore, but I can see all of the good lessons it has taught her.

As I sit here and reflect, I have also come to realize how lucky I am to have been able to watch some students grow up. I have seen many go from the Lil Leopards all the way up to the teen/ Adult classes. It really reminds me that time flies, and that we need to cherish all of the moments that we can.

No comments: