Monday, March 5, 2018

My journey


As with previous years, my journey is and will be defined by mental illness. Depression and anxiety have been personal acquaintances for as long as I can remember.

During the year of the rooster, I let them lie to me and my blogging and requirements suffered because I gave in. This year I am striving to fight the whole time.

It can be difficult to write when my mind is screaming at me that I am not good at anything, but I just need to start. Once I start, the process kicks in and the words are there. One blog I wrote during one of those darker times, was about success. A success can be as simple as getting out of bed and getting dressed. It can be as simple as putting one step out the door when your mind is telling you to crawl under the covers.

I am not under any illusions that I won’t have difficult days, today being one of them. However, if I simply do my sit-ups and push-ups, I am further ahead. I will keep forging ahead, and I won’t give up. I will let the good days lead me forward, and I will try to keep my perspective.

There is an orange tabby in my lap right now, and that makes me happy.

1 comment:

Melanie Beckett said...

Sometimes a cat on your lap can really help your perspective.