Monday, March 19, 2018

Grateful


I missed my blog day yesterday due to a migraine, so here it is, albeit a day late. This past week, I have been thinking about those that came before us and that have helped to shape us as we are today.

My thoughts were with family members that are no longer with us, and also with the martial arts masters that have passed. The people we surround ourselves with have an influence on the decisions we make and the values that we hold close.

I have also considered where I might be if not for our past masters. I don’t know what my life would look like, but I can say that I am truly grateful to be learning Kung Fu and to be living a life of consequence. I have seen what it has done for myself, for my daughters, and for our whole family. I am in Canada, learning a martial art that only 50 years ago I might not have had the opportunity because I am not Chinese.

Over the last 15 years, I have seen the faces around me change. I no longer hang around with the people I used to and I contribute this to my evolution. My values have changed, and I know I am a better person than I used to be. And this is reflected in the people I surround myself with.

I am thankful for my family, my Kung Fu family, and the opportunities that I have had.

No comments: