Monday, January 1, 2018

Traditions


Traditions help keep us connected, bring people together, and remind us of things that need to be remembered.

Traditions can be used to show signs of respect, and are important to keeping us in the moment. Reminding us of where we are and what we are doing. They remind of where we come from, and what gifts and opportunities we have been given.

They may remind us of who we have lost, and can give us an opportunity to reflect and keep them in our hearts.

Think about who you are. Think about all of the people and experiences that have helped to mold you and that have brought you here today. And all of the different paths taken, that brought you here.

There are a lot of students that I don’t know yet, and black belts that I have only heard of by name. However, they are important in my journey. I am here today, grateful for all of those who have come before me, those who train with me now, and those that I have yet to meet.

No comments: