Monday, January 29, 2018

Tai Chi


I have been practicing Tai Chi since 2009, and I am still working on it. Like Kung Fu, it’s a lifelong journey as there is always something new to learn, and I will never really master it.

Tai Chi has many benefits. It’s great for building those little muscles, for balance, for flow, stress relief, meditation, and even pain relief. And anyone can do Tai Chi. It is low impact, or no impact, and therefore does not stress any muscles or joints.

When I started learning Tai Chi, I was just healing from a broken ankle. While it took time, with practice the little muscles got stronger and gave me more stability. Of course there are still days where that ankle bothers me, but I don’t think that I would’ve healed as well without Tai Chi.

For me, Tai Chi offers moving meditation. It gives me so much mentally, and allows me to be in the moment. I can feel my heart rate drop, my breathing slow down, and my stress melt away. I become more in tune with my body and everything that I am feeling, both physically and mentally.

Adding Tai Chi to your Kung Fu training is a great way to enhance your balance, flow and timing.

No comments: