Sunday, January 21, 2018

Goals


There is nothing like a demo, banquet or tournament to prepare for. They help us to re-focus on our training by giving us a very specific goal to work towards.

It’s easy to become complacent and accept mediocrity when we don’t have any goals. And those goals are just dreams if we don’t have a plan to achieve them. We all have our goals for the year, both the mandatory ones and the personal ones, but we also have some mechanisms (goals) to help us along the way. The Chinese New Year banquet, the Pandamonium, Heritage Days, Canada Day, the Tiger Challenge, and the other demos that occur throughout the year.

I am thankful for those opportunities as they give me the needed motivation when I don’t realize that I have lost mine. They serve as an important anchor in my training, so that I don’t quietly drift away. They keep me engaged with my teammates and with the school, as well as it brings me back to the community.


No comments: