Sunday, February 4, 2018

Food 101


I’m a vegetarian and have been for many years. And I generally don’t find it too difficult, nor do I even miss meat. However, it can make going out interesting sometimes.

Last night we went to the Ging Wu Chinese New Year banquet, and I was reminded of my eating habits/ issues. In theory, being vegetarian at the banquet isn’t so tough. Being a picky vegetarian is though. I have always had issues with texture when it comes to food, so I am careful with what I put in my mouth. And last night was not easy for texture. I didn’t starve by any means, although I did eat beforehand.

Mushrooms are a big deterrent for me, even though they are so good for you. The taste and texture is just wrong. I am starting to like tomatoes though, although I do still have a ways to go there too. Anyway, I hope to improve my palette, so that I can enjoy more variety.

No comments: