Sunday, November 8, 2015

Thinking

I have been thinking about the state of my training lately. I am very aware of my limitations and while they frustrate me sometimes, I have learned to make the best of them. And I think a lot of my growth this past year, has been more mental than physical. But I think most of it stems from moving meditation. In other words, Tai Chi. And reflecting now, i have had a few periods this year where my mental state really needed it. I chose the Tai Chi short form for my 1000 reps, and I think it was a good choice.

I started learning Tai Chi about a month after I earned my black belt, and it was instrumental in healing my ankle. (Which broke 4 weeks before). It has been a tool to build the small muscles, and it's a tool which tells me when my ankle is weak. Like Sifu Dennis says, Tai Chi will remind you of all of your old injuries. Not because it's doing damage, but because it points out all of the weak small muscles.

Tai Chi balances out my psyche, and balances my body. It allows me to focus on my chi, and to become more sensitive to it. (And maybe one day I can be an air bender! Lol).

Tai Chi is the grand ultimate fist.

 

No comments: