Monday, November 2, 2015

In the moment and things

I have had some lessons this past while about being in the moment. There are many times, where there is somewhere else we would rather be. But having that mindset, can set us up for disappointment, stress, and eventually resentment.

I have been reminded that its important to make the best of where we are. There are many hidden gems in, every situation. Be it good, or sad, or difficult. Taking the time to appreciate where we are, and who we are with, are I think, the key to happiness.

I know I am blessed to be surrounded by people on a similar journey, who share similar values. I wouldn't be where I am today, or the person I am today without that appreciation.

I have been practicing moving meditation a lot over the years, and have not been as successful with sitting meditation. But I think I am ready to start.

Thank you to everyone at Silent River Kung Fu. For being a second family, and providing a caring, compassionate environment for me and my children to grow. I truly appreciate every one of you.

No comments: