Monday, November 16, 2015

Always a lesson

Everyday I learn something. It might not be something big, but there is always something.

It was pointed out to me today that a technique that I have been teaching isn't what it should be. I thought, holy crap! How long have I been doing that? It more than likely started as a tool to fix something, but quickly became a comfortable change, and therefore changed the technique for me. Yikes. How easy it is to develop a bad habit! Thankfully, it was pointed out to me, so I can now correct it.

Earning a black belt isn't the end. In fact, I think that's where it all really begins. I learn everyday. It might be insights into my reactions, or thought processes, or it might be a different way of doing things. At any rate. No matter where I am, or what I am doing, there is always a lesson.

Sorry if this doesn't flow well. I didn't expect this post to really go this direction...:-)

No comments: