Sunday, January 26, 2014

Compassion and Empathy

Over the last few months, I feel that my compassion and empathy have been tested. It's easy to lose that when you are frustrated and feeling a bit overwhelmed, but it is really important that we take a step back and try to look at it from a different angle so that we are not jumping to conclusions and judging others when perhaps all they really need is our understanding and empathy.

I have to deal with people who pass the buck like a hot potato daily, and I find it incredibly frustrating to try to get things done. I find this situation really hard to have any empathy and compassion, but I am trying. I have really felt this over the last few months, and I hope that things change soon because it's exhausting. I value people that refuse to say "that's not my job" and they find a way to get it done. Stepping up to fill in holes can be challenging, but I have yet to be unrewarded. Empathy and compassion are important tools in every aspect of our lives.

No comments: