Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A New Year

Today started with our annual 1000 push-ups, 1000 sit-ups to get the new year started on a great note. This year, I noticed that I was in the moment more during the periods of rest. I am not in the moment as often as I would like, so it was a nice surprise. The only down side side was that I was also more aware of who was missing this year.

 

It was also interesting to have my daughters watch me do this today. (So far I have done 1000 sit-ups, but have many more push-ups to go). One was cheering me on, and the other couldn't understand why we do this.

 

1000 of anything in a day is a lot, and feels amazing to accomplish. I can't think of a better way to spend the first day of 2014 and with my fellow students. As a group, I cannot imagine how many we have totalled. (Would be cool to know)

 

 

 

No comments: