Sunday, April 14, 2013

Melancholy



After the grading yesterday, I got to thinking about teaching and it's rewards. I don't think it's something that I keep in front of myself often enough. Sometimes it's frustrating, but sometimes it's absolutely fantastic. I was so proud of my students yesterday (and the ones that I haven't had the pleasure of teaching yet). To see where they started, and where they are now. Watching them demonstrate their forms and techniques is inspiring for me and reminds me that I am in the right place at the right time. It's also rewarding to know or to realize when you are making a difference. To see a student feel inspired because you took an extra few minutes to show them something. And yesterday's grading helped me after I had a not so good class in the morning. I truly appreciate being able to teach children. They give me so much. Thanks guys.

No comments: