Monday, April 29, 2013

Inner Peace



We had a Kung Fu Panda marathon this weekend. Well, I guess it isn't quite a marathon since there are only 2 movies, and a couple of shorts. I think it is one of my favourites though. It's cute, funny, and has a good message. A good family, feel good kind of movie and it ties in with this coming Saturday's annual Pandamonium fundraiser. 24 hours of kung fu - it doesn't get much more awesome than that!

I was thinking tonight about my journey in kung fu and how it has changed it's path over the years. And while right now, I feel my path is more spiritual than physical, it's the right one at this time and place for me. I remember being focused on my UBBT, and now seeing the I Ho Chuan guys on the same journey is inspiring. They are engaged. Making sacrifices in their efforts towards mastery. And while it can be discouraging at times, they have a wonderful team to keep them going. And sometimes it's hard to see the benefits right away, but they are there. And they will become more apparent as time goes on. Great things are accomplished when you push past mediocrity.

I'm rambling, but there are the thoughts that plague me today. I took pleasure in smelling a flower with a toddler, and marvelled at the miracle of birth. I stared at my perceived weakness, and saw a strength behind it. I kept some wise words in front of me, and felt humble.

No comments: