Sunday, February 10, 2013

A brand new year



This year, I made each of the Lil Leopards an origami snake to bring in the new year. I left it to the last minute, and while I am not proud of that, I did manage to make enough. I would have liked to have spent more time mastering the process - and while yes, it's a paper snake, the folding is still something that takes practice.

Folding origami is something that I find meditative. A lot of the time, I will fold cranes to unwind and while I doubt I have folded 1000 over the last couple of years, I know I have folded a lot. However, I am still not as good at them as I would like. Which maybe is good, as I know I will be folding many more over the years.

This brings to mind the 100 times theory. I am not going to explain it though. If you are curious, find an instructor or fellow student and find out. It really, truly applies to everything we do in life.

2 comments:

Yitzik said...

The kids loved their snakes!!! This was very thoughtful of you :-)

Unknown said...

I fully believe the 100 times theory as I use that with my glass. Sometimes it's the 200 theory. :)