Sunday, April 29, 2012

Balance

Sometimes it can be tricky to balance our lives. Between work, play (kung fu), and family, we sometimes struggle to keep it all together and not feel like you are letting someone down. I reached a point recently where I realized that I needed to stop and reset myself so that I could actually be in a state that would allow me to take care of the people in my life, as well as perform my day to day activities. It’s important that we recognize when we need to reset, as well as when to accept help. Asking for help doesn’t make you weak. You need to acknowledge when you are at this point so that you are still in a position to do something about it. Life is about balance and Kung Fu has done wonders for me in finding it. (although I feel like I have missed a lot of it lately ironically). It’s a sense of purpose that fulfills me, and allows me to recharge and reset.

No comments: