Sunday, March 27, 2011

Change




I am reading the Lil Leopards the book “The Lorax” by Dr. Suess. I feel it’s an important tool that I have to start teaching them environmental self defense. It’s a lyrical book, with lots of colours, and I hope that these young children of tomorrow will learn from it.

This ties in with my Lorax Project, which will coincide with Earth Day on April 22nd. Although it should be Earth day everyday. This project first appeared with our school in 2008, and the students at Silent River Kung Fu all submitted a letter or picture to Mother Earth. You can find it on my blog and the link is posted below. This year, this project will be a video blog, and I hope the message will be just as clear.

Our earth is very unsettled right now, and it’s time to make some serious changes.

No comments: