Sunday, January 9, 2011

Pressure




I have been blogging publicly now for a couple of years, but now that I am a part of the UBBT 8, I am feeling a lot more pressure to write something meaningful. I guess maybe I am just over thinking things (yet again), because somehow Kung Fu always ties in to what I write. It is a part of my life, and I cannot see that ever changing.

I am a week in to my UBBT, and I already feel more challenged than I have in the last 2 years. My journey since 2009 has been more of a mental one, rather than physical, and so far I am enjoying pushing my body. I am more aware of how much I can do, and I hope I can stay smart with my training. I have this habit of pushing through pain, or not healing enough before I get back on the mats with a no holds barred attitude.

Anyway, I have a long journey ahead of me, and with a bunch of like minded people on it with me, I know that no matter what happens, this will be one to remember. I am both nervous and excited, and while there will be doubts and insecurities, I will grow as a martial artist, and a person.

No comments: