Sunday, January 23, 2011

It's coming!




Chinese New Year is on Thursday February 3rd, and our Annual Chinese New Year Banquet is on the 5th. Our preparations have been underway for a while now, and it’s great to see it all coming together.

It will be a little different this year, but that makes it all the more memorable. We will be giving life to our newest Chinese Lion, Zhang Fei, along with a new team of dancers. They have proven that anything is possible, and I am really excited to be a buddha in this dance with them.

Our demos are coming together as well - I don’t feel as prepared with my Advanced kids class as I did last year, but I know they will shine regardless. And of course the Lil Leopards/ Tiny Tigers will be as cute as ever.

It’s a lot of work to prepare for the demo, and it is cutting into my UBBT training a little bit. Mostly my goal of 100 hours of bag work. But it’s only 2 more weeks, and then I can tackle that one with fervor. And I can once again pick up my double broadswords to prepare for the tournament in late April/ early May.

This time of year is a busy one, but also a fulfilling one. I am excited, and will post some pictures after February 5th!

No comments: