Sunday, July 4, 2010

ACME




So, another hiccup in my training has presented itself. I am not complaining, as it occurred during class and it was a great one. It’s amazing what can happen when your timing is off, even just for a second. One misjudged step can really impact (haha) things. I laugh at the word impact because that is exactly what happened.


As a blue belt (I think), I misjudged my timing during sparring, and walked into a kick, thus breaking some ribs and permanently changing how I train to this day. Take this same error in timing on Friday, and I walk into a kick again, and injure my ribs on the other side. Oops.


For the most part I would say my timing is pretty good, but obviously I have to work on it more. I know that with all my past injuries, my relationship with the six harmonies has suffered. I don’t mean to complain, as every injury has forced me to focus more on my mental training and that is a vital part of Kung Fu.


I was part of the Canada Day demo on Thursday, and it felt really good. Obviously the day before this latest rib injury. It has been a while since I was able to put my whole self into a form, without any real pain. The demo was in my opinion, pure awesomeness. It was great to see a whole group of us perform, and the crowd was fantastic. I really enjoy doing demo’s (even though my stomach was a mess that morning). Both Sifu Playter’s did a great job of the demo, as did all the participants. Way to go guys!!!


No comments: