Sunday, June 20, 2010

Harder than I thought



Somehow, I thought this week’s blog would be simple to write, but I am having some difficulties putting my thoughts into something coherent.


We have put the first three parts of the Tai Chi Long form together over the past couple of weeks, and I love it. I have had some problems in the past with putting them together with any flow, and now it is a little easier. I find that when we are learning one part, I tend to focus on that, and let the rest of the form slide. Shame on me. I am hoping that I can keep this up, and add part four on without forgetting anything. I really love Tai Chi, and the sense of peace it gives me.


I actually get that peace from all my forms - mostly the breathing ones. It feels great to just do the form, without thinking of anything. It always gives me a chuckle when I come out of the void - whether it’s from some injury yelling at me, or whatever brings me back. I always feel so lost. I forget where I am in the form, or what form I was doing in the first place.


I know I have to keep progressing wisely, so as to keep my injuries quiet, and hopefully I can reconnect the six harmonies.


No comments: