Sunday, March 28, 2010

Excellent!




Last weekend, my girls and I walked in the Trek for Tourette. It was a lot of fun, and I was amazed at the quality time it gave us as a family. My oldest told me several times that it was the best day. We walked for something we care about, we did it together - a whole 5 km, and found a great bunch of sticks and rocks along the way. The sun was out, and it was just a wonderful day.


Today, we participated in the annual Forms Marathon. The girls have colds so their stamina wasn’t up to par, but we did it, and it was a lot of fun. I did at least 10 reps of each of my forms (except when I went from one into another half way through without realizing it), and it just felt really good to do this. The girls learned from each other, and I learned a lot about my forms.


I buggered up my ankle yesterday (again), but it held up alright. Of course, doing forms for an hour and a half, full out wasn’t an option. But it was nice to go slow, concentrate on my technique and stances. A couple caused me a little pain, but moving carefully, deliberately, and slowly helped a lot.


It was a fantastic opportunity to push myself to excellence - it isn’t too often that you get to practice your forms solid like this. It was wonderful to see everyone come out to participate as well...What a family!




No comments: