Sunday, April 4, 2010

Keester Melody




It has been a weird week. I haven’t been at Kung Fu except for yesterday’s Tai Chi and open training. Other than Christmas, and I guess previous spring breaks, I haven’t been away from Kung fu this long.


I have missed it though, but at the same time it was nice to be home with my girls. We have been at Kung fu every day for the past 4 years (since I moved to Spruce Grove), and taking these breaks seem strange. It is a little different when we go on holidays because we actually go away. I managed to get some things accomplished around the house however (some spring cleaning), and things that I tend to put off because I am just ready to relax by the time the kids are in bed. It has been a good week though - time with my kids, and time for me.


I can’t wait for Kung Fu again.


On another note, I am stepping out of my comfort zone tomorrow. I somehow had myself convinced that I wouldn’t have to meet anyone new, and that somehow by joining the CSA, my veggies would miraculously end up in my fridge. I am not a social person, and meeting people is not something I look forward to. So tomorrow, I am meeting the lady whose produce I am going to be buying this summer. Her farm is called Itty Bitty Acres, and for a smallish price, I will have fresh, pesticide and herbicide free produce delivered weekly. I don’t want to go tomorrow, but I know it’s good for me to go out of my comfort zone, and who knows, maybe I will find a new friend.


No comments: