Sunday, January 31, 2010

I had another blog...




I had written something else today, but am feeling like I am repeating myself so I have decided not to post it yet.


Instead, I want to take a moment to reflect on our Kung Fu family. I am surrounded by people who are passionate about similar things, and give me strength just by being there. It is always encouraging to see someone in the Kwoon, pushing themselves, challenging themselves, and feeling good about it. Sweating together, is somehow a bonding experience, that only a fellow martial artist can understand. Ok, workout junkies probably feel a similar way...


I love knowing that I can count on the support of everyone at the Kwoon, whether they know they are giving it or not. I love knowing I can push myself there and not be judged. Our Kung Fu family is made up of a lot of families, and individuals that are all unique, and all bring a strength and continuity. There is comradeship, friendship, healthy competition, and a sort of glue that seems to hold us all together.


Together, we make a difference every day. That evidence is in our local community, and the way we tend to band together.


Here is a quote I like - it doesn’t quite fit with the blog, but whatever, that’s cool. Enjoy.


I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind.
Some come from ahead and some come from behind.
But I’ve bought a big bat. I’m all ready you see.
Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!
~Dr. Seuss



No comments: