Monday, August 31, 2009

There IS kindness out there...


My little car got a bit munched today, and that is the reason I am writing. Not about the car, but about the kind people who tried to make me feel a little better.

When the first person saw me, I was still in shock, and very shaken up. I wasn't hurt, but was pretty upset. Anyway, shortly after she first talked to me, she came back to give me a bottle of water and a kit kat. I was really touched by her kindness, and it meant a lot to me. On one hand, I felt a little pathetic for getting upset, but I also felt humbled by her actions. There are a lot of people nowadays that will simply walk on by, and see right through a person. Acts of kindness go a long way.

The guy at AMA was really nice too. He kept reassuring me that things would be okay, and they would take care of things, and that I was in good hands. Both of these people, plus the dude who came to help me, really put a smile into the mishap.

I feel that if there were more people like that in the world, it would be a much better place. I need to smile more, and to reach out to people, as it has a ripple effect.

My youngest made me smile too over this. We call my car the Egg, because it's white and the license plate is EHG. Anyway, I told her about the yellow paint on my car now, and she says, "Now the egg has a yolk!"

So, I guess my point to this ramble is that there is hope for peace, as long as we keep striving to make it better. That starts with ourselves, and performing these acts of kindness. My thanks to the wonderful people who helped me today.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Despite our general apathy towards each other people do generally tend to prevail in bad situations proving that we may (may) actually be evolving, slowly.

Sorry to here about your car,

Sifu Prince