Sunday, August 30, 2009

And so it goes...


Tomorrow, we head back to school. It is hard to believe that summer is over already, and a new year is beginning.

I am not sure where the time went. We had our vacation this past week and a half, and maybe that is part of my unrest. I know I desperately needed the break, as I felt like I was burning out. And I am feeling some stress now with going back to work. We are short staffed, and so my work load is double. Whatever.

The kids are excited about going back to school though. And the routine will be welcome. We did keep our Kung Fu routine going throughout the summer, which for us, is a nice consistent thing.

The smaller classes made teaching a little more challenging, but it was great. It definitely kept me on my toes, and keeps me adaptable. I had a class outside at Rotary Park on the 19th of August, and it was just great. We had fun, and it made me realize how I missed our outside classes from last summer. The kids ran laps around the pond and we had a couple three legged races. And then we ended the class with watermelon. Yum.

I have said it many times before, but I really enjoy teaching the kids. I had a near miss yesterday though. I had a very near collision with one of the Lil’ Leopards, which resulted in spraining my big toe on my bad foot. But I still have a great left foot, so really, what more do I need?

This week is our yearly renovations at the school, and I always look forward to beginning anew there. It feels fresh, and I feel it pulls us together as a community. I am looking forward to the new start, both with school and the kwoon.

No comments: