Sunday, September 13, 2009

At a loss


I have no idea what to blog about today. It is important to me that I do it whether or not I have anything to say. I just went through some of my pictures, and I found one from last weekend, that made me smile.

I took it at my friends house. She got married in her yard last Sunday, and it was beautiful. This flower was not part of the ceremony, it was simply in her garden. The colour and the fullness of it make my whole being smile. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

I am fascinated with the life cycle of flowers. How delicately they start out as buds, and then the full bloom (whether explosive like this one or not), and then the slow fade, as the cycle begins again.

It made me think about my cycles in Kung Fu. How my passion and drive seems to sometimes be in hibernation, and then it slowly builds until I am eating, sleeping and breathing Kung Fu. And then it tends to slow down for one reason or another, and the cycle builds again.

But what gets me through the slow parts, is simply going to my classes. I know that if I didn't, it probably wouldn't be too hard to completely fall off the wagon. Kung Fu is a part of my life, and it has always been something to help me through the harder parts.

No comments: