Sunday, March 15, 2009

Max


Dear Max,

You have been a great addition to our family. You were so small when you joined us last July. You were only 8 weeks old and you stole our hearts instantly. You had these great big feet, floppy ears, and were so curious.

You joined us at a time when Maya was very afraid of dogs. But it didn’t take very long before both her and Haley were completely in love with you. Although you had these sharp little teeth, you were also cuddly. As you grew, the games you played with the girls grew too.

I have many fond memories of you playing with Haley and Maya. How when they climbed the wood pile, you were always so close as their protector. How you and Maya would either sit side by side on the deck, or cuddle up on the floor. I loved how you would play tug of war with her with whatever big stick you could find.

I have enjoyed watching you play tag with Haley, and play catch with her. You two would always race down the driveway, and when Haley would dive on the ground, you were so gentle as you nosed her to get back up to play some more. It was great the way you tried to help with raking up leaves. Every time one of the girls would lift up the rake to pull off leaves, you were in there helping by grabbing the leaves with your teeth.

I am really going to miss how you greeted me when I got there. You were so determined to climb onto my lap while I was still in the car. You were heavy big guy. A mere 20 pounds less than I. But you were so happy to see me.

I loved watching you play with your pal Oscar. With you being a German Shepherd, and him being a Newfoundland/ St. Bernard cross, he would get so tired playing with you. And it was annoying, but cute how both of you would find a way to get out of the yard to go see each other.

You were such a huge part of our family. This weekend, mom and dad’s house feels so empty without you. I hope you went to a good home, and that you bring them what you brought us. You were truly special, and our hearts were broken when you left. We will always keep you in our hearts Max.

We love you, and miss you very much.

1 comment:

Sifu Robyn Kichko said...

I'm sorry that you lost your friend, I hope that it helps that he is making another family smile and feel loved.
Sihing Kichko