Monday, September 28, 2020

Air Hugs Only!!

 



have been thinking a lot lately about compassion and Kung Fu has taught me to use it in all aspects of my life. I have seen a shift in me since I began training almost 2 decades ago. While I still occasionally make a snap judgement, I am more often likely to see something or someone with compassion. I am more accepting of people as they are, and of their character. It’s easy to label someone based on what we see in the media, or even with what we have grown up with. But Kung Fu has taught me so much more. I don’t see an aboriginal person - I see my neighbour, who ran outside in her pajamas as soon as she realized we couldn’t find our dog. I see the person dressed in goth attire with a wild hairstyle and piercings who is the most polite person I could imagine meeting. I see a homeless person who will feed their dog before they feed themselves. We never know what lies beyond what we see. And only compassion and empathy will allow that.


No comments: