Monday, November 26, 2018

Just smile


One of the reasons I love teaching the younger kids, is that they are usually in the moment. They don’t worry about anything while they are learning Kung fu. Except maybe that someone else went first... kids amaze me that way. They can spot a small ant carrying something and just stop and watch. Or they just stop and smell the flowers along the way, not worried about slowing anyone down. And they truly experience Kung Fu. They don’t concern themselves with their next stripe or their next belt. They are just in the now.

I find my best time to be in the moment is when I am practicing Tai Chi. And I have learned to just smile to myself when I realize that I have skipped ahead in the form, or repeated a certain part. I have learned to accept that moment and that this is just where I needed to be in the form.

As adults, it’s too easy to forget how to be in the moment, and cherish each one.

No comments: