Monday, April 16, 2018

For the love of art...



For the love of art. No, I’m not the artist I wish I was, nor am I the artist that our daughter is. I learned a lot last Saturday when our daughter and I took a Watercolour class together. It was a birthday gift for her, and a I Ho Chuan goal for myself.

It was a great day as I got to spend some serious quality time with her, and watching the joy on her face as she created is something that I will forever cherish. I learned that day, that I am very hard on myself and spent a lot of time trying not to compare myself to her or to the others in the class. I learned that when it comes to creating art, I am not good with details and prefer to create images that are more abstract and less precise. Our Haley is all about the details.

This got me thinking about my eye for detail when it comes to Kung Fu. I know it’s there, but I also realized that sometimes I miss the details because my mind is already somewhere else. I have to work on that, and it will start with being more mindful. Stopping and asking myself that very valuable question: “Where am I and what am I doing?”

I couldn’t upload her painting, but it can be seen here on Instagram @c0rrupted.king

No comments: