Sunday, April 30, 2017

I am a slice of bread...

 

 

Or maybe just a slab of meat. (Points for the reference in the title). I will forever and always be a student. A slab of meat, or a ball of dough just waiting to be moulded into something recognizable. At any rate, it's important to keep an open mind (so that we are malleable) so we can learn, and relearn things and then make them awesome someday.

I am a work in progress, and I try to keep my mind open as there are wonderful things to learn everyday. It's hard sometimes though, because I don't always remember where I am or what I am doing. Sometimes I just go through the motions, and then eventually I remember and I can learn.

Sometimes though, the reminder is in the small acts of kindness, like this picture from a student. Things like this can bring a person out for a glimpse of what is still there but maybe we couldn't see at the time. In our own unique ways, we touch lives. We may not know that we make a difference, but I hope that we can all strive to make a positive one everyday.

Our Kind-Act-a-Thon starts tomorrow and culminates with the Pandamonium on the 27th. Let's make a difference.

 

No comments: