Sunday, November 27, 2016

Am I in or out?

I realized yesterday that I miss the I Ho Chuan. I miss being a part of the demos, and working hard with everyone. Watching the practice yesterday though, had me questioning myself and my strengths. I see so many with so much to offer, and it got me wondering what I bring. Or what I could bring.

But does that really matter? I am forever a student, and that in itself is a wonderful thing. Being in a place and time where I can learn every day without fear. The only obstacle that prevents me from learning is myself. So what am I doing? I talked a little with Sifu Brinker yesterday about maybe joining the team next year, and I was excited. But then I started to think about my weapon, and my limitations and that had me doubting myself. However, the more I think about it, the sillier my doubt is. I just have to do my best everyday. As long as I am always striving to better today than yesterday, then I have already come out ahead.

 

No comments: