Sunday, September 14, 2014

So proud

I am always proud of our students when they accomplish something. Whether it's an "aha"!" moment, a stripe earned, or a promotion, they are all made of discipline and hard work.

 

I had the pleasure of watching one of my students earn his blue belt yesterday. I have watched him grow, overcome adversity, and his journey has left a mark in mine. I am so proud.

 

It was also a learning experience for me yesterday - it pointed out ways I can improve myself, and was a friendly reminder that I will always be a student, and let me tell you that was exciting! 12 years in and I have barely touched the surface of what I have yet to learn. And most of those lessons will be from students, that I may not have even met yet. That's pretty cool...

 

 

 

No comments: