Sunday, January 13, 2013

There is always something that we have to do that we don't really want to do but of course we do it anyway. (How's that for a wordy sentence?). Anyway, I am on a course tomorrow that I need, but don't exactly want. It's needed for my job, so that I can do the best I can and I will give it 100%. However, I have had to remind myself that in order for me to better myself, I have to walk through those open doors. Not unlike Kung Fu really. An instructor may ask us to do a technique or take a different approach to something, and we may question it, however, we trust them, do what we are asked, and suddenly our Kung Fu is that much better. We accepted the opportunity that we were given and have grown because of it. Again, this can be likened to the Tiger Challenge. It's a fantastic tool - it forces us to make a goal and follow through. The Black Belt Success Cycle is very prominent in an event like this. 1. Set a goal. 2. Have a plan (and a success coach). 3. TAKE CONSISTENT ACTION! (this one is bolded because it's VERY important!). 4. Review your plan 5. Review your goal.

1. Goal = Enter Tiger Challenge ( ex. Hand forms)
2. have a plan (and a success coach) = Practice for 30 every day from day of goal setting to January 19, 2013 and ask a Black Belt for feedback at every class.
3. TAKE CONSISTENT ACTION! = Make sure you are practicing for 30 minutes every day
4. Review your plan = Take inventory of your practicing. Are you actually practicing for 30 minutes every day? Or is it more like 20?
5. Review your goal = Was perfecting this hand form for this tournament reasonable? ( of course it was!)

So there you have it. The Black Belt Success Cycle applies to everything. It applies for me tomorrow during my course, and it applies for anything else that I wish to accomplish.

Good luck to everyone next Saturday!

No comments: