Sunday, January 20, 2013

The day we had

Yesterday was our annual Tiger Challenge (our in house tournament). I have to say, it was a great day, and I truly enjoyed having it at our school. Having it there instead of a different venue, allowed me as a children's instructor, to be able to watch the older children and also judge the adults. In the past, with only one ring for the kids, I pretty much spent all day there, and missed a lot. So yesterday I got a bit of time to be a mom, and to watch the kids I teach compete.

 

I was really proud of everyone who competed. Especially the kids that i teach - it always puts a fresh perspective on how far their Kung Fu has come, and of course they all seemed to have fun. (After they got over their nervousness!).

 

Yesterday also served to remind me how much anxiety can affect your day. As my daughter gets older, her anxiety gets more apparent. She has always been my go getter, the one who didn't hesitate to get on stage to show her stuff. But Friday night, she had an anxiety attack, which caught us both off guard. We talked about and she thought at she could compete. However, after going up for her first division, and drawing a blank, she gathered her courage and tried again. It was an I possible feat for her, but I am so proud of her for trying. It says a lot to me. She stayed brave, and persevered, and even though she was unsuccessful in getting through her form, she got up there.

 

I am proud of you love.

 

And I am proud of all of you who took your time to compete, cheer, and organize. It was a great day.

No comments: