Sunday, August 26, 2012

You can't fail if you don't quit

 
 
 
 

A month or so ago, I posted that I was going to finish some of moms quilts, and my goal had been 1 per month. Well, that isn't going to happen yet. I was over zealous in thinking the healing process would be simpler and faster if I jumped in head first.

Well, I was really, really wrong. It is still really difficult to look at her projects, let alone work on them. However, I haven't failed in this goal, as I haven't quit. I do intend on finishing them, but I have to keep in front of me that I can't rush the healing process. And that is exactly what it is. A process.

Our Kung Fu journey is really a process, as is becoming involved with the school. The process being that you don't give up, and every time you fall you get up again. You get a little further each time you get back up and before you know it, your goal is adapting to your progress.

Silent River's renovations also are a process. Each year, we put in our sweat and blood, and each year the result is different. But the soul of the school stays the same. We have expanded, and changed things around but we adapt and become part of the process. The spirit of the school, our Kung Fu family stays the same while the surroundings are refreshed.

I love the fresh start we have every September, and the excitement it brings. It always reminds me how spectacular our journey is and how lucky we really are.

 

No comments: