Sunday, March 11, 2012

There was a quote about control...

 This week's blog has been a tough one to start.  Mentally, I don't feel I can do this today, but deep down I know it is exactly what I need to be doing right now.  

 

I reacted to a situation today in a way I am not proud of.  I may have over reacted, and I know for a fact I was not looking at things in a positive light.  However, I think that because I recognize my thoughts and actions, I can reflect on them, learn from them, and hopefully react differently if it happens again.  It's important to keep things in perspective and keep what the issue is really about in front of you.  

 

The same applies to Kung Fu.  If you are doing a form or techniques and they just don't feel right, stop.  Listen to your body and see or feel what is going on.  Is your brain engaged somewhere else?  Do you have an injury you are unaware of?  Are you mentally or physically exhausted?  Think about where you are at, before you become frustrated with the journey.

 

No comments: