Sunday, March 18, 2012

Pandemonium

 We have moved our annual Pandemonium to May this year instead of competing with all the other fundraisers in November.  I am really looking forward to it this year.  It is going to 24 hours of non stop Kung Fu!  But it doesn't stop there - we are going to have many things going on including games and all out good training times.

 

May 5th is our planned day at the kwoon.  We hope to spread awareness for our charities, and to teach empathy.  Do we truly understand how fortunate we are to go to school?  Or to know we don't have to worry about where our next meal will come from?  Where might we be if a family member needed specialize equipment to function or get around?  And while it can be easy to turn our cheek to all the unwanted animals out there - they need our love and protection.  How often do we think about mental illness?  Or how serious it can be?  These are the reasons that I am excited for the Pandemonium.  I want to make a difference.  

 

My daughter asked me today if I was a philanthropist.  It made me think about how she sees me, and perhaps how the world might see me.  Does that mean that I am making a difference, no matter how small I think it is?  It also made me realize that my actions are also shaping my children and perhaps guiding them to changing the world.  They made a point of collecting clothing/ supplies for a homeless shelter, on their own!   And I know that there are also many people in our kwoon that also make significant contributions to our community here and far away.  

 

By participating in the Pandemonium, we are taking things into our own hands.  We are spreading awareness, teaching empathy and compassion, and having a great time doing it!!!

 

Can't wait to see you all on Saturday May 5th!

 

No comments: