Monday, February 27, 2012

Snow?




Some days, this blogging thing is really difficult, although I do have to say that usually once i get started, the words/ thoughts just flow.

The snow this weekend, made me happy. I know, what kind of a crazy person am I? It's just that it hasn't felt like winter, and there was just SO much of it, it was simply awesome! I was once again humbled by my youngest daughter's attitude though. We watched through the window as someone in a pick up truck tried to get unstuck in our parking lot. We watched several people come and go, all trying their best to get this person out, but to no avail. Then after a while, my daughter said "We have to go help! We just have to!" And she asked my dad to pull them out with his truck. So we all went outside to help. The girls armed with their shovels to help dig them out, and me to push if needed or whatever else. And my dad did get this lady out of the snow and on her way.

It was a really good thing my daughter did. I felt so proud of her. And then Sunday we went out to shovel our senior's driveway, and the girls loved every minute of it. And I am proud to say, that volunteering this year was their idea. It's so easy to only see what is in front of you - and to forget the compassion and empathy we are instilling in our children/ students.

I thank Kung Fu, specifically Silent River Kung Fu, for helping me raise such amazing young women.

No comments: