Sunday, September 4, 2011

The Path of the Most Resistance

Sometimes the most difficult path is the easiest one. While cutting corners can seem like the thing to do, it isn't the way. Take your training for example. It would be simpler to only do the absolute minimum required to achieve the desired result, however you can not achieve mastery this way. Improvement will not occur, as there will only be room for sustained mediocrity.

Sometimes injuries sideline us, and it can be very tempting to stop training completely, or go to the other extreme of pushing through it. There is a way of keeping up your training without aggravating them further. Basically, it boils down to mindfulness. Know what your limits are and working around them. While I don't always follow this advice, I am trying.

I overdid it this week with the renos, and I don't regret it at all. However, now that the tendinitis has flared it's ugly head once more, I am going to have to stay mindful of my activity so that I can heal. Not easy, but it's not supposed to be. If it was easy, then mastery is far off in the distance.

No comments: