Sunday, September 25, 2011

On the other side

My oldest daughter has moved up to the Advanced Teen/Adult class and it has definitely been an adjustment for us. She is settling in well, but I am finding it really different being on the sidelines. For numerous reasons, I am not on the deck, but instead I am on the bench with some other parents.

It is hard on one hand, as I want to jump in sometimes to help. However I am finding that I am learning a lot by by observing. It is a completely different view from the bench, and it's neat to see what you miss by being directly involved.

I highly recommend that if you ever find yourself sidelined due to injury or illness that you attend class anyway. By sitting out, you can learn a lot - and there are so many things that you can apply to yourself.

No comments: